Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Author Meme

Rules: Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

I was tagged by Reader Rabbit for this meme!

1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?
hmm, this is a tough question! I'd have to say JK Rowling though. A completely ingenious

2. Who was your first favorite author, and why? Do you still consider him or her among your favorites?
How far back am I supposed to go? lol Back when I was really young I absolutely loved Mercer Mayer's books, more specifically his Little Critter series. I loved them so much my mom bought me the entire original series! (I used to love finding the little mouse who would be doing something in the background of a few pages!) He also had some other books that I loved because they had some pretty funny parts and neat illustrations!
Is Mercer Mayer still a favorite? Not really sure, since it was so long ago, but I'd say the original set I read was great, and I'd recommend it to younger kids!
So that's my little childhood confession! lol

3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
Oh geez, so many great authors out there now, I'm not sure! Stephanie Meyer (loved Twilight!), Meg Cabot (but she's been on my fav. author list for a while), Kimberly Pauley (wonderful first novel!! Sucks to be me), Jennifer Banash (a hilarious and just lovely person!), and I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but there are just too many good authors out there to list!!

4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?
JK Rowling, Kate Constable, Erin Hunter, Margert Patterson Haddix, Gail Carson Levine, JRR Tolkien, Meg Cabot, Stephanie Meyer...F. Scott Fitzgerald, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Shakespeare, again, I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but those are some of my favorites!

And the 6 people I am tagging:
1 - Tasha @ And Another Book Read
2 - BooksandLove
3 - Book Adorer
4 - Cyndi @ The Page Wanderer
5 - The Magic of Ink
6 - The Page Flipper

3 comments:

RR2 said...

Thanks for the doing the meme!
I can't believe I forgot about J.K. Rowling.

Ink Mage said...

Mine will be posted as of tomorrow afternoon!

Axa said...

It took me a while but I finally did it.

Post a Comment

Series I Like

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis Divergent by Veronica Roth Firelight by Sophie Jordon Halo by Alexandra Adornetto Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Thanks to i'm loving books!

Disclaimer

I receive review copies of books from publicists, authors and publishers for an honest review. I do not receive monetary or other compensations for posting reviews.