Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Death by Denim by Linda Gerber

The next leg of Aphra Connolly's adventure is here! Despite the mutual attraction and Aphra's strong interest in Seth, Aphra's mom constantly warns her to remain anonymous and to stay away from Seth, since their survival depends on it. But how can Aphra help it? Absence has only made her heart grow fonder, and the fact that she's currently in Paris with her mom doesn't really help...

However, Aphra comes crashing back to reality when she realizes that even if there's romance in the air, there's constant danger as well. A contact of her mother washes up dead, his dead body fished out of the Seine, and in his mouth, a gag, but also a message. Now Aphra is on the run again, but who is she to trust? The Mole is still after her, Sethe, and her mom, and with other people who may have their own motives, Aphra will have to be extra careful.

But Aphra and her mom is constantly on the run--will she ever be able to live a normal life? Or is she forever doomed to fleeing from scheming enemies, never staying in a single place for long? It is finally clear that the only way to end this eternal chase is for Aphra to face her enemies head-on, instead of being constantly on the run. Aphra will have to rely on all her courage, wit, and instincts if she wants to get out alive, and if she and Seth want a shot at normal happiness together. Things rarely go as planned, but Aphra must take a stand, or she might just lose her mom again and never see Seth again...

Another fantastic mystery by Linda Gerber! Death by Denim was filled with suspense and action, just like Aphra's previous adventures! I would say that the action has only escalated, and the stakes have risen even higher, but Ms. Gerber has created another enjoyable novel that will thrill fans of her previous books! I love how Aphra has grown as a character; she's not perfect and her mistakes and attemps to work things out help give the novel a more realistic feel. Fans of Ms. Gerber's Death By series will enjoy Death by Denim!


8 comments:

Bookworm said...

But the question is, was it as good as the first two? (: This is in my TBR-next stack, and I loved the first two books, so I'm hoping this will be awesome too!

Emily said...

I really need to read more.. a lot more.
These books look sooo great!

Sarah Woodard said...

I want to read this books so much.

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Ohhh, this one looks good! I haven't read the other ones yet though, so I will have to do that. I like the names of them- Death By Denim, Death By Latte, Death By Bikini! There cute! Thanks for the review!

chinesedolphin94 said...

Cant wait for this book. I loved the other two.
my two fave things: mystery and romance ♥

L said...

This book sounds awesome. I loved the other books in this series so I bet I'll love this one too.

Erica said...

This is on my TBR. I haven't read the first 2 either, so I have to get those first :)

Paradox said...

These books are so awesome! I hope I like this one as much as you did, because it sounds like a lot of fun!

Post a Comment

Series I Like

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis Divergent by Veronica Roth Firelight by Sophie Jordon Halo by Alexandra Adornetto Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Thanks to i'm loving books!

Disclaimer

I receive review copies of books from publicists, authors and publishers for an honest review. I do not receive monetary or other compensations for posting reviews.