Ads 468x60px

Friday, June 5, 2009

Bookish Mentions (#1)

I'm going to try a new post that hopefully I'll be able to do weekly, "Bookish Mentions." I'll be posting my thoughts on books I've read but not been able to review, upcoming books I'm looking forward to, general thoughts on genres or books I've encountered, thoughts on book-based movies, and the like. I'll try post once a week on Fridays.
Hope you like it!

Bookish Mentions:

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

I was able to go to the Teen Author Carnival last Thursday, which was filled with many wonderful authors (who are such nice, friendly people!) and was lucky enough to get a copy of Ms. Scott's Perfect You. Despite not having time to review this book, I have to post a little something about it! I loved Perfect You! Kate's life is falling apart around her, and Kate has become a bit of a cynical non-believer. She wants happiness, but finds it hard to open herself up so that she can trust and experience true happiness. With her father leaving his job to go sell Perfect You vitamins and Kate forced to help him, things only go downhill from there when her family runs into financial troubles and Kate can't seem to shake Will; the guy she hates feeling attraction to, since he's already hooked up with half the girls in the school. The only way Kate will find true happiness is if she lets it happen...

~~~~~~~~~

School for Dangerous Girls
by Eliot Schrefer


"Angela's parents think she's on the road to ruin because she's dating a "bad boy." After her behavior gets too much for them, they ship her off to Hidden Oak. Isolated and isolating, Hidden Oak promises to rehabilitate "dangerous girls." But as Angela gets drawn in further and further, she discovers that recovery is only on the agenda for the "better" girls. The other girls -- designated as "the purple thread" -- will instead be manipulated to become more and more dangerous . . . and more and more reliant on Hidden Oak's care."
summary courtesy of Amazon.com

1 comment:

Elizabeth Scott said...

It was great to meet you and YAY! that you liked Perfect You :-)

Post a Comment

Series I Like

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis Divergent by Veronica Roth Firelight by Sophie Jordon Halo by Alexandra Adornetto Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Thanks to i'm loving books!

Disclaimer

I receive review copies of books from publicists, authors and publishers for an honest review. I do not receive monetary or other compensations for posting reviews.