Ads 468x60px

Friday, February 3, 2012

Follow Friday! (4)




Follow Friday is a weekly feature hosted by Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read! It's a great opportunity to meet new bloggers and connect with fellow book lovers!!

Q: Define what characteristics your favorite books share. Do they all have a kickass heroine or is the hot love interest the Alpha Male?

Good characters!--Intelligence, wit and a good sense of humor, please! And of course for all of us of this persuasion: who doesn't like a handsome leading man who's smart?? Although steamy romance and chemistry is great, I like characters who aren't just obsessed with their significant other's dashing good looks and their world-stopping kisses; I want to see some team work or witty banter between the two!
Speaking more generally, I like strong leads who take matters into their own hands and I enjoy a good plot with a couple of twists and turns! Plots don't always have to be entirely original as long as the book's well written, but if a book's got an original plot or a new twist, I'm not going to say no!

What about you? What characteristics do you favor in books you read?

3 comments:

Stepping Out of the Page said...

Yes! I totally agree - I love twists and turns, predictable can get so boring. I do love humour and intelligence too. You've made some great choices, Dominique!

Here's my FF post!

Stephanie @ SOOTP

Anonymous said...

I'm a new follower via Follow Friday! I love twists and turns as well and the awesome heroine that always comes with it! This is an awesome answer! I always love witty characters with senses of humor so I can have a good laugh!

http://eileenlisblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-13.html

Farhana said...

AGREED! I don't like dumb characters lol!!

Great post, old follower:D

Fran
BookChowDown

Post a Comment

Series I Like

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis Divergent by Veronica Roth Firelight by Sophie Jordon Halo by Alexandra Adornetto Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Thanks to i'm loving books!

Disclaimer

I receive review copies of books from publicists, authors and publishers for an honest review. I do not receive monetary or other compensations for posting reviews.