Ads 468x60px

Friday, October 9, 2015

Feature & Follow Friday (9)

http://www.alisoncanread.com/

Follow Friday is a weekly feature hosted by Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read! It's a great opportunity to meet new bloggers and connect with fellow book lovers!!
 
Question of the Week: Name a book you hated
 
I'm not sure there are any books I hate, but there have been a few that were dull that I did not finish and there were a few that I thought had rather miserable writing.  A few DNF's included:
  • The Girls of No Return (felt quite slow and I was having trouble getting into it)
  • Eragon (I know, I know, I might be the only one out there for this one!  I just didn't really like the writing and felt there were too many similarities in names and plot points to other works of fiction), 
  • Crossed (the sequel to Matched; the romance and chemistry didn't really feel real between the characters and I think it just fell flat for me in general).  
I also read an excerpt from 50 Shades of Gray that was posted but wasn't interested in reading the novel in full since the writing was so bad :(  I feel like I have a lot of unpopular choices here, but to each their own!  Life is short--read whatever books you enjoy! 

Any books you really don't like or just couldn't finish?  Tell or link me to your post in the comments below, and let me know if you follow me so I can follow you back!

 
Follow
 
You can also follow me via GFC, Networked Blogs, Linky or email--check out those options on the left sidebar!

3 comments:

Baggins said...

It took me about a year to actually get through Eragon. I just kept putting it down because I couldn't get into it. So you're not the only one! I felt that way too, which is why I kept trying to read it. I never bothered with the rest of the series. I'm not interested in reading 50 Shades either for the same reason as you. I couldn't handle even the first page of that writing! It's definitely a case of each to their own. Old follower.

My FF!

Sookie Stackhouse said...

I actually tried to read Eragon after watching the movie. But I found it really hard to get into and I don't think I made it more than a few chapters in. Sadly, I had already bought all the books...

As I like to call it Fifty Shades of Sh*t is a waste of space. I couldn't get past the fact it was a Twilight fanfiction and still don't understand why everyone's so in love with it.

My FF

Sookie Stackhouse said...

Oh! Guess I should of posted, new follower on Bloglovin and via email. Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Series I Like

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis Divergent by Veronica Roth Firelight by Sophie Jordon Halo by Alexandra Adornetto Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Thanks to i'm loving books!

Disclaimer

I receive review copies of books from publicists, authors and publishers for an honest review. I do not receive monetary or other compensations for posting reviews.